Friday, January 23, 2009

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts.  A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.  ~ Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

This made me think of a thought I had last night... my husband just came back from a 4 day trip and told me that he was amazed by me and my ability to care for our daughter by myself.  I laugh at these remarks, as I never know if he's being serious or just buttering me up, haha.  He assured me he was serious and said his job is a whole lot easier.  And then I thought about the jobs I've had in the past, and by george, he's right!  Being a full-time mom is a whole heck of a lot harder than any other job I've ever had.  It's for that very reason above - you are constantly thinking for two people!  I guess I haven't given myself enough credit for what I've accomplished so far - being Allie's mom is just what I do, y'know?  But when I stop and think of my healthy, happy little one, I must be doing SOMETHING right!  And I've been breast feeding her exclusively for over 4 months - that in itself is a feat!  I haven't learned how to balance taking care of myself - her needs definitely outshine mine.  But this journey is the best one yet!  I'm so thankful I get to spend each day with this precious little person!

No comments: