Saturday, March 31, 2007

Look! Today I noticed that my first stella d'ora has opened up! Why am I excited? Aside from the obvious anticipation that comes from watching spring bring everything alive, the leaves of all my day lilies just started coming up. So I'm surprised to already see this blooming! I love stella d'ora day lilies - they're sort of compact and bloom this great golden yellow color all summer long. Good times, haha.
I really need to get out and put some bulbs in the ground - I've got a few dutch irises and another variety of day lily - hope it's not too late to plant them! I've always wanted to plant clematis somewhere... maybe I'll get to that this year.

I was looking at a magazine this morning at a phenomenal garden. We've really added to our landscaping, but nothing like I dream of. After all, I don't see us living in this house forever. So, part of me does not feel compelled to extend tons of effort - if I plant seeds, I may not be here long enough to see it! Don't get me wrong, I will continue to add, but nothing like our next home. Is that statement too negative? I'm so glad my husband shares this interest of mine. I wonder if I'd enjoy taking landscaping and/or gardening courses at a college... perhaps one day I'll venture there.

And we're still in a yellow haze of pollen... no rain yet. It's odd because it feels like it's going to rain. Maybe it will tonight - I think it's in the forecast. I'm hopeful!

No comments: